Welcome to Emory University - Campus Services!
WHAT IS ONBOARDING?
Onboarding, including orientation, begins with the first day of employment and usually ends upon the first year of employment. It is a process that gets employees up to speed with the policies, procedures, culture, expectations, and day-to-day responsibilities of their department/unit.
We have adopted this process in Campus Services to:
- Ensure you feel welcomed
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Increase engagement and satisfaction
- Reduce the time it takes to “hit the ground running”
The New Leader Onboarding Program is broken down into five phases with key activities over the course of 1 year:
Phase 1: First Day/First Week
Phase 2: 1st month (30 days)
Phase 3: 2nd month (60 days)
Phase 4: 3rd month (90 days)
Phase 5: remainder of 1st year of employment
You will be oriented to the policies, culture, expectations through a series of learning events including:
- A comprehensive New Leader Onboarding checklist
- Opportunities to engage in one-on-one meetings with key contacts
- An assigned peer coach
- Professional development training sessions
- Regularly scheduled meetings with your Leader
This pre-hire checklist is also helpful for the hiring manager to help prepare for the new leader's arrival.
For questions regarding this program, contact:
Asst. Director, Human Resources
Divison Director, Human Resources